Happy National Hospital Week! This annual celebration is a chance to thank the many individuals working and making a difference in hospitals throughout the country. This year especially, we want to celebrate our health care heroes who have been at the core of our ministry’s COVID-19 response.
From nurses and doctors to environmental and nutritional services staff, all of our team members have been essential in this fight. We could not successfully serve our patients in their time of need without these dedicated professionals. Lives are being saved because of the commitment and compassion they bring in to work every day.
This pandemic has presented many new challenges in the health care setting. However, our hospital team members continue to find ways to overcome these barriers and provide our patients with the best overall care possible.
Across our ministry, there have been many examples of this commitment:
- In addition to treating patients, doctors and nurses are using technology to help families stay connected during visitor restrictions.
- Radiologists are finding special ways to support patients and each other.
- Respiratory therapists are not only providing care to patients, but comfort too.
- Those in environmental services are working tirelessly to keep our hospitals clean, ensuring patients and staff have the environment needed to safely treat and heal from this pandemic.
- Many associates across our ministry are making masks and other personal protective equipment to help colleagues.
- Laboratory and supply chain professionals have worked together to increase collection supplies.
We are grateful for each of our health care heroes for their service to our ministry and for the sacrifices they are making.
This week is a perfect time to share your appreciation too. Our team members would love to hear from you!
Please take a moment to download a thank you sign, write in a special message to our hospital workers, and send your photo to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll make sure they see how much you appreciate them!
Also, post your photo on your own social media accounts and use #OurHeroesWearScrubs.
Stay updated on what Mercy Health is doing related to COVID-19.