For more than 160 years, Mercy Health has focused on improving the health of the communities we serve across Ohio and Kentucky. We are committed to making all lives better – mind, body and spirit. This includes the lives of our employees.
That’s why we are excited to announce that we were recently recognized as one of the Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America. The Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America is an annual designation that honors companies leading the way in corporate wellness. This year, more than 1,800 companies applied to receive one of the 100 spots.
How We Create a Healthier Workforce
Mercy Health’s Be Well Within program encourages employee well-being with programs that include fitness and cooking classes, health screenings and challenges. Be Well Within allows our employees to build and maintain healthy habits in a fun and welcoming setting.
At our home office in Bond Hill, we’ve created an environment that encourages employees to stay active at work. Every desk can be transformed into a standing desk with the press of a button. Employees also have access to treadmill desks on every floor, an on-site fitness center and outdoor walking track. Our regional offices offer on-site fitness centers or off-site fitness center discounts, healthy cafeteria choices and counseling options.
Because of these programs we scored well on the six values outlined within the Healthiest Workplaces evaluation. These include:
- Vision – the company understands the challenges and opportunities of employee wellness and identifies what attributes will make employee wellness programs successful.
- Culture / Engagement – the company engages the mind, body and spirit of employees when developing wellness programs and ensures it is encompassed in workplace culture.
- Learning – the company is driven to learn and exhibits this through continual improvement of employee wellness programs.
- Expertise – the company involves experts in the field and develops internal processes to execute on the vision.
- Metrics – the company defines the value of wellness, measures success and adjusts to continually improve employee wellness.
- Technology – the company utilizes technology to direct and manage corporate wellness initiatives.
More important than any award, the health benefits we offer have helped our employees see a reduction in health risks and enjoy well-balanced lives. Interested in learning more? Visit the Healthiest Employers website or learn more about careers at Mercy Health.