Attempting the keto diet doesn’t have to be difficult. When you combine low-carb recipes with efficiency of your Instant Pot®, you get dishes that fit your nutritional goals without spending hours meal prepping.
Finding these recipes that meet your keto diet needs can be tricky. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites for your Instant Pot® to help inspire your menu.
Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower
Serve this as a hot dip for an awesome appetizer. Or, serve it casserole style as a mac-and-cheese alternative. This rich and spicy recipe is big on flavor and low on carbs. Best of all? It’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Optional: blue cheese or bacon crumbles for topping
- Add the chicken, cauliflower, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing to the Instant Pot®. Mix everything to combine it. Cover the pot with the lid and cook on the manual setting for around five minutes.
- Release the pressure, open the Instant Pot and stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheddar.
- Set to “Keep Warm” and heat the mixture through for around 10 minutes. Top with sliced green onions, blue cheese, bacon crumbles and an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce before serving.
Chicken Taco Soup
This is another recipe that’s versatile enough to use as a starter or a main dish. This hearty soup blends all the flavors you love with the fast-prepping power of the Instant Pot®. This keto recipe is ready to serve in about 30 minutes.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Optional: hot sauce, salsa or sour cream for topping
- Place the first 10 ingredients into the Instant Pot®. Place the cover on. Set the vent to “sealing” and cook the mixture using the high pressure setting for 16 minutes.
- Let the pressure release for 10 minutes. Take the lid off and take the chicken thighs out of the pot.
- Whisk the cream cheese and cheddar into the liquid until everything is melted and combined.
- Shred the chicken. Turn the cooker’s power off before adding the chicken back into the soup.
- Serve topped with cilantro and green onion. Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce and sour cream.
This recipe is proof that you can cut back on carbs without sacrificing dessert. Enjoy this sweet treat as a perfect ending to any low-carb meal.
- 1 cup finely ground almond flour
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol or other low-carb sweetener (not liquid)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer. Blend everything until the batter is fluffy.
- Grease a 6-inch cake pan. Pour the batter into it. Cover the pan with foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inside of the Instant Pot®, along with the steamer rack. Arrange the foil-covered cake pan on the trivet.
- Use the cooker’s “Cake” function to bake your carrot cake for 40 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
- Take the carrot cake out of the Instant Pot and let it cool. Use your favorite keto-friendly icing to top it off, or serve it as-is.
Finding your ideal balance of diet, exercise and preventive care is the key to getting the most out of life. Want to learn more? Check out the nutrition services we offer at Mercy Health.